That’s right being in utah and on a severe budget, one of the “BEST CONVENTIONS” in Utah is “Anime Banzai“. I have narrowed down several items of my own I cannot forget to bring with me to Banzai. Here is my list of MUST HAVES FOR CON SURVIVAL! and I suggest you do the same.
1. Laptop – For blogging and Podcasting
2. Laptop Charger – Never can tell when you will need to recharge
3. Soap – Bathe, take a bar of soap and scrub your armpits. We’ll still be here when you get back.
4. Mobile Phone – Alternate form of electronic communications.
5. Emergency Blanket – It can get cold in the Anime Viewing rooms from time to time.
6. Snacks – Especially is you are Gluten intolerant or Lactose intolerant.
7. PRE-Register – It saves you money and if you don’t live in layton and wish to stay there will be discounts as well if you do pre-register and ask about the discounts.
8. Planning – I cannot stress more on planning out your battle plan when attending Panels, and the dealers room and especially the informal dance on Saturday night.
I find that buying non perishable foods like Oriental Trail mix is great, Pocky and Ramenade for the sweet tooth and local the nearest store (Target) for fruit and veggies. Also if you can spare the time, volunteer or at least offer your services if you arrive a day early or you get to the Main hall early before the doors open. The staff does value their loyal attendees. That’s it from the battlefront for now. Hopefully I’ll be able to cover a fairly new convention to the Salt Lake Community College Redwood Road Campus here in the next few weeks.